SIMPLE BROCCOLI SOUP
This is a fab little recipe and super healthy too...
1 tsp of Olive Oil or Frylight Spray
1 Large Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
1 litre Veg Stock
2 tbsp Creme Fraiche
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Boil the Broccoli until tender (about 8-10 minutes)
2. In a separate pan dice the onion and leek and sweat off in a pan until they become translucent; add the sliced garlic.
3. When the Broccoli is ready add to the onions, leek and garlic pan; add the veg stock and then blitz with a soup blender.
4. Add the creme fraiche and salt & pepper to taste.
5. If you wanted to add more flavour then you can always dry fry pancetta until super crispy and drain on kitchen roll of excess fat; and put them on top instead of croutons.
Did you know...
It's also packed with Vitamin B6 which is great for us ladies and our crazy hormones; it helps the human body produce neurotransmitters, develop the brain and control homocysteine levels; some studies have shown that vitamin B6 helps reduce instances of heart disease, age-related macular degeneration, morning sickness during pregnancy, depression and rheumatoid arthritis.
Vitamin B6 assists several organs in making various useful substances. The vitamin helps the immune system fight harmful micro-
organisms and substances by producing antibodies. Pyridoxine helps make hemoglobin, which transports oxygen in the blood. One form of anemia occurs due to a lack of vitamin B6, notes MedlinePlus. Vitamin B6 works with the digestive system to break down proteins for use in the body.
Here are some more foods rich in Vitamin B6...
These foods are great to eat alongside the Vida Divina Products and if you are interested in more information then you can visit our sister site at amourvintagebeaute.com.
Let me know how you get on with the soup...
For now my Beaute's