Paleo Chicken Curry
If you haven't heard of the Paleo Diet then this is what it is...I'm not following it personally but I am definitely trying recipes from it...
"a diet based on the types of foods presumed to have been eaten by early humans, consisting chiefly of meat, fish, vegetables, and fruit, and excluding dairy or grain products and processed food"
A friend of mine is a body builder and she always raves on about it so she gave me this curry recipe and my word it was lovely...
1 Onion diced
4 Chicken Breasts
1 Butternut Squash diced
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 tbsp Grated Ginger
1 Tin of Coconut Milk
1 Red Pepper
4 Tomatoes cut into quarters
Salt & pepper for seasoning
2 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
Pinch of Cayene
1 Fresh Chilli
Handful of Spinash (washed)
1 tsp dried coriander
1. Roast the Butternut Squash in the oven for about 15 minutes.
2. Start to sweat the onion and pepper; add the garlic, ginger and spices to make a paste.
3. Add the chicken and really get it coated in the spices, cook through, then add the tomatoes.
4. Add the dried coriander and the spinach.
5. Once starting to brown, add the coconut milk and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes for it all to cook through and really take on the flavours.
Serve with this fab Mediterranean Quinoa from Aldi!!! Again I think it was about £1!!!
I can't wait to see your versions of it.
For more information about the Vida DIvina Products...click on the link...
For now my Bobby Dazzlers